Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's the little things....

I truly do not like emerg work. Occasionally it's fun when you get to put on casts and other procedures, but when you're doing the mundane fever workup or weakness NYD, I count down the minutes until I get home. Tonight was a little more interesting....we had a possible conversion disorder, which the staff tried to decipher by sticking a sterile needle all the way down her legs to make sure she really was numb. She freaked out when she started bleeding in little dots all down her leg. Well I guess she wasn't exactly telling the truth, cause it hurt. I saw a kid who came in with abdo pain and went home with a diagnosis of croup. Apparently also this woman gave birth out in the hallway...ah, what am I talking about. I'm getting bored just writing about this stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home