*sigh*
Yet ANOTHER holiday weekend spent working. This time, Thanksgiving. Working 7 emerg shifts in 8 days. Emerg stresses me out. I don't know why...I hate it.
Had to intubate someone in resusc, the guy had a stroke and just all of a sudden went downhill. Apparently he didn't make it. Apparently he was my friend's mom's friend. This is why I hate emerg. Tonight a guy came in, father of an emerg resident. This is why I hate emerg.
This was the weekend of the family dump too......I saw 2 ladies in a row who were brought in by their families for vague histories of not coping well. What am I going to do about it?? Babysit them??? One woman had one episode of dizziness where she fell off the toilet. She probably had either some arrhythmia or vasovagal syncope. Anyways, apparently she was ok enough to have Thanksgiving dinner before coming into the hospital. PFFFfff I didn't even get to eat Thanksgiving dinner with my family!!!
The second 80 year old lady was brought in because she was not coping well at home, confused out of her mind and generally a safety hazard. She didn't know what she would do if she woke up and smelled smoke in her apartment. I told her daughter that wasn't good. But why did you have to bring her in on a Sunday night???? Anyways...she was hilarious. After I referred her to medicine for a delerium workup....I walked by her and she was pretending to be sleeping. Some people started talking in the next bed and all of a sudden she opens one eye and eavesdrops on their conversation. She had the best look on her face, trying to be all sneaky. Then I waved at her from a distance. She looked at me, cautiously pulled her arm from under the covers and waved back, then gave me a wink. Hahahah I just wanted to die laughing. I LOVE the pleasantly confused. But I still hate emerg.
Had to intubate someone in resusc, the guy had a stroke and just all of a sudden went downhill. Apparently he didn't make it. Apparently he was my friend's mom's friend. This is why I hate emerg. Tonight a guy came in, father of an emerg resident. This is why I hate emerg.
This was the weekend of the family dump too......I saw 2 ladies in a row who were brought in by their families for vague histories of not coping well. What am I going to do about it?? Babysit them??? One woman had one episode of dizziness where she fell off the toilet. She probably had either some arrhythmia or vasovagal syncope. Anyways, apparently she was ok enough to have Thanksgiving dinner before coming into the hospital. PFFFfff I didn't even get to eat Thanksgiving dinner with my family!!!
The second 80 year old lady was brought in because she was not coping well at home, confused out of her mind and generally a safety hazard. She didn't know what she would do if she woke up and smelled smoke in her apartment. I told her daughter that wasn't good. But why did you have to bring her in on a Sunday night???? Anyways...she was hilarious. After I referred her to medicine for a delerium workup....I walked by her and she was pretending to be sleeping. Some people started talking in the next bed and all of a sudden she opens one eye and eavesdrops on their conversation. She had the best look on her face, trying to be all sneaky. Then I waved at her from a distance. She looked at me, cautiously pulled her arm from under the covers and waved back, then gave me a wink. Hahahah I just wanted to die laughing. I LOVE the pleasantly confused. But I still hate emerg.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home